Why Is Vanlife So Popular?
The concept of living in a van used to be ludicrous, yet nowadays, countless people are making the leap. Why exactly?
Here are five reasons why vanlife is so popular:
Related: How Did Van Life Start?
- Cost of living: As homeownership prices continue to surge, more and more people are turning to vanlife as a way of saving money. While living in a van has its costs (such as gas and parking expenses), it’s generally more affordable than renting or buying a residential home.
- Remote Work: With more people than ever working remotely, vanlife offers a flexible way for professionals to experience travel while also being productive done. All vanlifers need is a good wifi connection.
- Sense of community: When you meet other vanlifers, you realized you’re apart of a community of like-minded people who are embracing a unique lifestyle. You can connect with other vanlifers online or engage in-person when traveling to campsites.
- Easy travel: Living in a vehicle is one of the best ways to legally stay in unique locations. With a home on wheels, you don’t have to worry about paying for transportation or leaving your house unattended. Not to mention, you can bring all your favorite amenities with you.
- Enhanced freedom: If you’re looking for freedom and adventure, vanlife has you covered. What’s more freeing than packing the bare necessities, hitting the open road and seeing where it takes you.
Whether it’s a single person trying to save on living costs or a parent interested in taking their family on an adventure, it’s easy to see why so many people find vanlife enjoyable.